Fanmiles API-/Backend Developer
Fanmiles - The Loyalty Currency. Our mission is to provide forward-thinking businesses with the first open platform to build and manage loyalty programs by using #fanmiles as an open loyalty currency.
As a Backend Developer you are responsible for developing the backend and API’s of Fanmiles' cutting edge Web and Mobile products, and architecture. You are used to building value in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working on products that require business understanding, combined with deep technical knowledge. In this role you will be expected to excel at working within an agile team. We trust our developers to self-organize and thrive within an energetic (the Mate helps) and inclusive environment. We cultivate an environment where we can all learn and grow. This role reports directly to the Chief Technical Officer of Fanmiles.
If you’re hungry, smart, persistent, and a great team player, we would like to hear from you!
● Work in an agile Team as API-/Backend-Developer that is building the next generation loyalty currency
● Develop high-quality software in a test-driven way (including new features, API’s, documentation, etc.)
● Willingness to write professional articles, blog posts, speak at conferences and/or organize meetups
● This role is based in Berlin, Germany
● University Degree in computer science or a related field
● 4+ years of experience in working on large scale backend-systems
● Proven work experience with MongoDB and ElasticSearch.
● Proven work experience with TDD (Jasmine, Mocha, Karma, etc.)
● Work experience with cloud computing services like AWS
● Passion for the start-up community and new technology businesses.
● Fluency in English, both written and spoken
● Exceptional analytical, problem solving and presentation skills
● Great team player and communicator